Saturday, March 16, 2013

Thankful

5 months have passed since I last updated this lovely little blog. Sighh....I wish I had more time to blog. I really enjoy it. Bringing all my crazy thoughts together and putting them into one cohesive post is just wonderful. I don't have access to the computer most days, because my hubs is working with our friend doing their financial thing. They are really excited about how things are going, which makes me really thankful! We have sensed God's grace so much over the time we have been here, so again, I am really thankful!


Our little house is out in the country where the nearest store is a Dollar General (which is becoming a go to!). We are not far from Walmart and other shopping places, but we are a little farther away than we were in Wake Forest. With that fact, most days we don't really go anywhere. We enjoy our little house, our fantastic yard (my favorite part of our place!), do our school time thing, and just hang out. Being pretty much 24/7 with my 3 little darlings is such a blessing, but it is also quite challenging at times. Yes they are HIGH energy, loud (kid, I'm standing right next to you. You don't have to yell!), demanding of attention and instruction, etc...etc.... Lately, however, the biggest challenge I have faced has been my sin.

I think I have said it on here before, but my kids are my little sanctifying machines. Parenting is hard, beautiful and so worth every minute, but hard. Parenting shows me how sinful I am. I see my selfishness, my lack of patience, my quick temper, my absolute need to be in control when I am interacting with my 3 on a daily basis. None of these characteristics are qualities of Christ, of whom I am an ambassador, a representative of. Being mindful and aware of my sin is a grace given to me by God. The awareness of my sin makes me SO thankful for the Savior who died in my place for those sins that so easily entangle me. The Gospel is just what I need during the day, every hour of the day (every moment!). I am forgiven. Period. Praise the Lord!

But, I am not to just fall on my forgiveness and be ok with the fact that I am sinful. The apostle Paul in Ephesians 2 tells us that our salvation was a gift of God, and then he goes on to say that Christ has good works prepared for us that we should walk in them. One of the good works that I am to walk in right now is being a minister of the Gospel of Jesus to 3 precious unbelieving children whom the Lord saw fit to bless me with. I want to be a good mom to them. I want them to see Jesus in me. But all I see sometimes is my sinfulness. I am thankful for the opportunity to apologize and share the gospel with them through my sin, but I need to see some victory over it too. I am thankful that I have been given everything I need for life and godliness in Christ, and with Him I can have victory over my sin. I know I'm not going to be a perfect mommy, but I know that I am going to try my hardest and fight my sin so they can see Jesus. And, when I fail, I get to show them Jesus anyway through apologizing and sharing the gospel. A win/win I suppose.   : )

Now, I leave you with some new pics of my sweet ones. Enjoy the cuteness! (How can I not just love them perfectly all the time?!?)

My little guy. Those eyes are killing me!

My big girl!
He's 3 now. How did that happen??

I had to share this of the small one! He's so cute! Please forgive the poor quality of this photo. Did you know there are still some people in this world without a smart phone. Yep, I'm one of them!


A tiger and a princess came to help me with breakfast!  : )

Oh this kid! Love love love!


Karis and I  on a mommy daughter day. I need those more often! 



I'm thankful that these little years, the challenges and the victories, are certainly all from His hand,

~Heather


No comments: