Thursday, July 12, 2012

Where we've been, where we are, and where we are going (part 2)

Where we are...

We are currently living life under a bunch of boxes with a very independent, spunky, smart 4 year old who likes to use phrases like "how in the world," "that's weird," and, "I love you mom." We have our hilarious, cuddly, curious little 2 1/2 year old. He is in the stage where he likes to tell the same joke or funny thing over and over trying to elicit laughs from us. One of his favorite things now is to sing row, row, row your boat but to insert this line, "merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life's a spider dream!" Cracks him up every time, silly boy! And then an AMAZINGLY joy filled little 7 month old who seriously smiles all the time! Even if he is crying, he still sort of looks like he's trying to smile. As one friend put it, it's his default emotion, and I love it!

I mentioned boxes. Yep, boxes. Lots and lots of awesome U-haul boxes are patiently waiting to be filled with all our belongings. We are getting ready to close yet another chapter of lives. Wake Forest has been such a wonderful part of our story. It's so hard for me to believe that I didn't love it here at first! The seminary brought us to Wake Forest, (well, the Lord in His kindness and sovereignty to be exact) we added 3 to our family here, have been apart of an amazing church family, and have been blessed by the Lord with friendships that I am so undeserving of and am the better for having. It is such a bittersweet time. I am thankful for the relationships that have encouraged me to be a better wife, mother, and follower of Jesus. I will be forever grateful for this time, for those who have crossed our path, and for all that the Lord has done in us these 6 years.

We had been praying for a long time about the direction in which the Lord would take us post seminary, and the clearest thing for a while was the group of people that we would be doing ministry with. God has knit several families together over the past few years and gave us a burden to pursue church planting/church revitalization together. Once the ball started clearly rolling and a direction was in view, we got our house ready to put on the market. Less than one month later we were under contract! Who does that in this economy other than our Lord! We feel that God has confirmed our plans and is directing our steps to pack up and leave Wake Forest the last weekend of July. I am looking forward to what is ahead, but I am sad for what I am leaving behind....

Super Target...I may seriously cry when we leave my wonderful home away from home and all my friends there!!
Harris Teeter...Super doubles, free cookies, and balloons! (the last 2 my kids will miss most, ok, just the last one. Who doesn't love a free cookie!)
Joyner Park...fun fellowships, great walking trails, and actual old barns for the kids to run and play in. So fun!
Bella Italia...The greatest pizza lunch special on the planet!
The Mall...story time, chick-fil-a, the water fountain, the play ground! Much fun was had on a weekly basis here!

I am so blessed for all the good things that God has given me in my time here. Great experiences and tons of memories that I will cherish forever! I trust the Lord though, and where He leads I will gladly follow.

(see the final post in this series for the where!)



Believing it's all from His hand,

~Heather 



No comments: