Sunday, July 22, 2012

To the Bride of Christ at TCC

Today was the last Sunday at our church. It is so bitter sweet to leave as this church has been such a huge part of our lives over the past almost 6 years. They have been our family, our friends, our challengers, and our encouragers. I learned how to fight against my sin here. I learned how to, and the importance of, asking good questions to get to the deep heart issues. I learned that ministry and life in the body can be really messy and hard, but oh so worth the fight! I learned how to be a mommy, and asked tons of questions to those who have gone before me in the motherhood journey! I learned by example (from many godly women) the beauty of being submissive to my husband and seeking to honor him in word and deed. I learned the importance of church discipline. I learned how to weep with those who weep as we walked through inexpressible grief, and also wept with joy at the beauty of the body in its service to those hurting. I learned that God walks with us and helps us in our times of need. I learned that serving is sometimes hard, but God is faithful to give us all we need. I learned that God is able to do abundantly more than we can ask or think! I learned more about the beauty of the Gospel, and that I need the gospel just as much now as I did when I first believed. I have learned so much here, and I am incredibly thankful for it!

The hard lessons, the good lessons, and every one in between have all led me deeper to this truth....I need Jesus, every single day. I need the Gospel, every single moment! I am incapable of doing this life on my own, and what a beautiful gift He gives us wrapped up in an imperfect package to help us along, the church! I am SO thankful for Treasuring Christ Church. Your faithfulness to help me see and fight my sin and point me to the Gospel has had such an impact on my life! I will forever be grateful for our time here and the ways that you have faithfully loved us and served us.

Thank you for your part in helping me love and treasure Jesus more.


 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
John 13:34-35 


Believing that it is all from His hand,
~Heather

1 comment:

Kate said...

AH! Somehow we let these last couple months slip by without getting together. How does that always seem to happen dear friend? I have missed you guys so much and will definitely miss you now that you're not just a short trip up 540 :( Let me know once you get settled in and we'll make a weekend trip down to visit! Love you friends!