Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our Trip Has Been Delayed....

Grrr....our trip to Iowa has been delayed by about 12 hours or so. The plan was to leave here tonight around 8 or 9 pm, but now we are leaving tomorrow morning sometime. We came down to my Mom's on Sunday evening to have our van worked on before we head out for our trip. The AC has not been working and we were not about to drive halfway across the country with no AC!!!! So, we dropped the van off Monday morning at 9 am, they worked on it, got a call Tuesday morning saying that they discovered it was the condenser and they had to go get the part in Charlotte. At one o'clock they told us that the part was in and they would call us when it was ready. We didn't hear anything until almost five o'clock when they let us know that they found another problem and the van wouldn't be fixed until Wednesday morning. I am so thankful for the guys working on the van and the extent that they are going to to get this thing fixed! But, I'm still a little bummed that our plan is not working out the way we, well, planned.

We had ourselves psyched up for the night drive (Blake stayed up until 5am last night and slept half the day to prepare for the drive) and had our plan in our mind as to how things were hopefully going to go. Now, we are waiting. We hope the van will be done early tomorrow, but they didn't give us an exact time. I'm shooting for before noon. That would be great! We will see though. I am ready to get this big drive over, and really wish that half the trip could have been driven through the night while the kids were sleeping. Well, I keep thinking this verse and taking comfort in it...

"In his heart a man plans his course,
but the Lord determines his steps."
Proverbs 16:9
This delay doesn't surprise the Lord. I've been trying to think on the positives too. Today was my dad's birthday and we were able to spend more time with him this evening. We are able to spend one more night with my mom and step-dad (who had knee surgery today!). We were able to get our hair cut by my fabulous sister! The kids, as well as Blake and I, will get a good night's rest. We are still going to take our time and stop when we need to with the kids. We will probably stop and spend the night somewhere tomorrow night too.
So, we are going to be ok. God just wanted us to leave Wednesday during the day instead of Tuesday night. I'm a little more anxious about driving in the middle of the day with our little ones! Prayers are again most appreciated! I'll let everyone know how it goes in a day or so!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We'll be thinking of you all. We're on the road today, too. Charlotte to southern Indiana, then on to St Louis tomorrow. You can do it! I think the kids might surprise you with their flexibility :-)

Lala said...

I hope you both have fun, safe trips! I must say, you are two very brave women! Here I am worried about a 4 hour drive to the beach with only one toddler!