Monday, June 14, 2010

Our Big Trip Out West

Tomorrow the family and I are off on a big adventure. We are driving to Iowa. Did you get that? DRIVING to IOWA! If you are unfamiliar with where Iowa is, just think the very center of the U.S., then straight up almost to Canada (Minnesota is between Iowa and Canada). Without stopping the drive should take 20 hours. Did you get that? 20 HOURS IN THE CAR! And we have two under 2! So, if it's not clear from this post already, I'm a little nervous/not looking foward to this LOOOOONG drive. I would greatly appreciate all the prayers we can get for this!

Though I'm not excited about the drive, there are several things I am excited about with this big trip. First, I'm so excited to have some extended time being together as a family. Blake works a lot during the week and we are often busy with things, so it will be nice to just have some good time together as a family over these next two weeks (we won't be back until the end of the month). I am excited to make memories with our little family of 4! I am hoping to make the most of the drive out, so we are planning on stopping for longer periods of time to just get out and play and run around some! Should be fun!

I am also excited to see all the family out west! Blake's family is mainly in OK (we will be traveling there after our time in Iowa) and we get to see them about once a year. Most of them have not met our little Owen yet, so I'm thankful to get out there so soon after he was born. We will be having a family reunion in Iowa with Blake's dad's side of the family, and there are some fun things planned for our time there. Once down in OK we will see Blake's mom's side of the family. I'm just so ready to see everyone, and wish this 20 hour drive wasn't in our way (if only flying were much much cheaper!).

We will be making a stop in Branson, Missouri too! I have heard so much about this place and I am just SO excited to have some time there! We will be visiting with Blake's step-mom there!

Lots of family time and lots of fun on the way! I know it's going to be a great trip overall, but the drive, ughh! Again, prayers are much appreciated!

1 comment:

angela said...

praying it goes by fast for you guys!! let us know when you get there. love you:)