Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Funny Little Niece!


I just have to share this, it's too funny not to share! My niece, Dakota, who will be 7 next week, is such a funny girl! But, it's that kind of funny that's not intended to be funny. Does that make sense? She is so genuine in what she says and does, yet sometimes it is so cute and funny! I was talking to my mom tonight and she shared some new stories that are hysterical (well, I thought they were!)

A couple of weeks ago, while my mom was taking Dakota to school, this conversation took place...

Dakota: "Oh no, my mommy has a test this morning and we have not prayed for her!! Ma, (she calls my mom "Ma") let's pray for her."

My mom: "Ok Dakota, let's pray. Dear God, please help Lauren...."

Dakota: breaking into the prayer, "MY mommy"

Mom: "Yes, Dakota's mommy, to do well on her test this morning."

Dakota: "And help my little brother Camden be able to poop, he's having trouble."

Mom: trying to hold back the laughter, "Yes God, help Camden go to the bathroom."

Dakota: "Oh, and my mommy told me that baby Karis has a bad diaper rash, help her too."

She is so stinkin' sweet and cute! I love it!

Then, mom told me this story....

On their way to school (lots of funny stuff going on the ride to school!) Dakota likes to play pretend with my mom. They will play teacher where Dakota is the teacher and mom is the student, or office, or doctor. This particular day they were playing doctor.

Dakota: "Hello, how can I help you today?"

Mom: "Umm...My big toe is hurt."

Dakota: "Ok, which one?"

Mom: "My right toe."

Dakota: "Alright, well have you been here before?"

Mom: "Yes I have."

Dakota: "Does anyone in your household have a gambling problem?"

Mom: "WHAT?"

Turns out that Dakota found a phone book in the back seat, opened it up, and proceeded to read what she saw. Just so happened that helping family members with gambling addiction was there for her to read! Cracks me up! She also could not understand why my mom kept laughing! There are so many funny things that she says and does! I am sure Karis will say some funny stuff too as she grows up, and I hope I will remember to write them down and remember!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hey Heather! Hope you are doing well! I thought you might be up becuase it is 5:30am! Ha!
This is such a CUTE post! We still see Lauren every so often. She always fills us in on you all! Dakota is precious and so is your sweet Baby Karis! Have a great day:)!