Monday, January 12, 2009

Learning Lessons at 5:30 am

My sweet Karis has found enjoyment at waking up at 5:30 am for the past few mornings. As much as I love my child, it has been really difficult for me to serve her with a joyful heart this early in the morning. Adding to the difficulty is that she wakes up once or twice earlier in the night simply needing her pacifier put back. So, I feel I am constantly up and down out of the bed at night. 5:30 rolls around and all I want to do is get her to go back to sleep so I can go back to sleep. However, she won't have it that way. No no, she wants to eat! I have really struggled with anger these past two nights towards Karis' non-sleep, but God has been ever gracious with me.

Last night, as I was sitting in the rocker feeding Karis several truths about God, about my sin, and about this current situation came to my mind. I was so quickly humbled yet encouraged that God would remind me of His truth from His Word at that time. Even in midst of my sinfulness, I felt he was so close to me reminding me of His faithfulness.

I have been so encouraged by the Lord in this that I want to share these thoughts over the next few days. I could write so much on each one, so I'll break it up!

No comments: