Tuesday, January 13, 2009

5:30 am Lesson #1

I was sitting in the rocking chair, feeding Karis, and I remembered back to when she was only about a month and a half. She slept through the night from about then until she turned 4 months. When I say sleep through the night, I mean at the very least 8 hour stretches! It was wonderful! I sat there at 5:30 thinking back to those days, being so frustrated with the fact that she wasn't sleeping well anymore, and then this came to my mind....
"This is what I get for being prideful in my heart that my daughter was already sleeping through the night at only a few weeks old."
Almost immediately, as if God was right beside me talking to me, I remembered the verse, "He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities." Psalm 103:10
I was overwhelmed with God's goodness to remind me of this truth. Even though I am still such a sinner, God doesn't deal with me according to my sins. Jesus Christ took on the penalty for my sins past, present and future and dealt with them on the cross. This is the Gospel! Praise God!

Just that morning at church, our pastor Sean Cordell preached on the fact that God now speaks to His people through His Word, the Bible. We don't hear the audible voice of God, but God still speaks! I heard Him loud and clear that early morning feeding my daughter!

No comments: