Thursday, January 15, 2009

5:30 am Lesson #2

This next lesson was learned as I was sitting in the rocker, again feeding Karis, crying and crying out to the Lord that I was just so tired. I felt weak, exhausted, and simply at the end of my rope. In midst of my whining I was reminded that our Lord neither sleeps nor slumbers. He has a constant eye on us. These are the words of Psalm 121 that talk about that fact...

  • 1. I will lift up my eyes to the mountains ; From where shall my help come ?
  • 2. My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.
  • 3. He will not allow your foot to slip ; He who keeps you will not slumber.
  • 4. Behold, He who keeps Israel Will neither slumber nor sleep.
  • 5. The LORD is your keeper ; The LORD is your shade on your right hand.
  • 6. The sun will not smite you by day, Nor the moon by night.
  • 7. The LORD will protect you from all evil ; He will keep your soul.
  • 8. The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in From this time forth and forever .
I love these verses and the reminder that we have a God who is ready and available to help us in our time of need, no matter what time that may be! At 5:30, in midst of my exhaustion, I knew that the Lord was available for me to approach through prayer. I knew that He does not sleep nor slumber, and I was and am very thankful for that. It was a moment of worship for me, just being reminded of this characteristic of God. I know that I am weak and need sleep to survive (I am learning this fact about myself more and more as I am up with Karis!), and the fact that God does not need it causes me to be more amazed at Him and who He is!

No comments: