Monday, September 6, 2010

September Already???

I cannot believe August came and went, and I didn't post one single thing! Wow! Well, I have some fun stuff to share about the kids so I thought I would put a little something on here today. (Don't have too much time though, we have a Labor Day cookout to get to shortly!)

My little Karis is talking so much and is learning more words and phrases. Her favorite phrase right now is "Where is ___" So it may be where is daddy, where is Owen, where is mommy, etc. She asks multiple times in the day "Where is Camden?" "Where is Co-Co?" "Where is La-La?" Camden and Co-Co are her cousins, and La-La is my sister (Cam and Co-Co's mom). I don't know if she's actually asking for her Aunt Lala, or she thinks that my mom's name is Lala. When she sees a picture of my mom she says, "Ahh!! Lala!" So, I think she's a little confused. She's constantly asking for people or things. I heard her ask today, "Where is milk?" She's a funny little girl!

She's also started a funny thing in the mornings. I usually leave the kids in their cribs for a little while in the mornings before I go down and get them. Karis' new thing to do (which I hear on the monitor) is ask, "where is mommy?" and then she proceeds to yell at the top of her lungs, "Mooooooommmmmmmyyyyyyy!!!" It's quite hilarious!

Owen is finally sleeping through the night (a day I was beginning to wonder if it would ever come!) and is such a sweet little baby! I so enjoy seeing his little face light up when he smiles and hearing his little laugh that his sister gets out of him! He loves Karis and I can't wait to see them play more together. He is still not crawling or pulling up or anything, but he can roll around like a pro!

Blake is back to school and working, so we are still adjusting to the new schedule. It has been a really fun summer and I'm sad to see it go. But, I am quite ready for the change in the seasons and all the wonderful things that come with the fall!


Family picture at the beach

1 comment:

Laura and Andy said...

great picture! the kids are sooo big! i cant believe owen! miss you guys and hope you are doing well!