Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tasty, Easy, Low Fat Dessert

We had the opportunity to fix a meal tonight for some friends of ours who just had a sweet baby girl a few weeks ago. I made my favorite chicken and rice casserole (a staple of my childhood), green beans, salad, biscuits, and a little dessert. I like to call them little pudding pies, and I want to share the recipe with anyone who may be interested in a very tasty and not so bad for you sweet treat. I made these a lot after having Karis as a way to indulge without feeling so guilty!

Little Pudding Pies

1 pack of sugar free fat free Jello Pudding (I use chocolate or chocolate fudge, but any pudding will work)

1 cup of fat free milk

1 cup of fat free whipped cream (plus extra to top the pies with)

1 pack of keebler mini graham cracker crusts (they come in a pack of 6)

Combine the jello and the milk in a medium size bowl. Mix until the jello is mostly combined with the milk.
Add the whipped cream and mix until thoroughly combined.
Fill each mini crust with the pudding mixture.
Top each pudding pie with whipped cream

You can also add little extras to the top of each pie too. I have done chocolate sprinkles and some fruit. I once used oreo pudding and put crumbled oreos on top (a little less good for you, but still not too bad!)
Also, you can make it in a regular graham cracker crust, but I would double the recipe to allow enough to fill it entirely.

So, that's my little recipe! So simple and easy, and so very yummy! Try it out, and let me know what you think!

No comments: