Monday, April 27, 2009

The Fight Against Idleness, Day 1

In my last post I talked about wanting to work on not "eating the bread of idleness."  Though there have been (many) moments that the temptation has overtaken me and I have sat too long at the computer, or waited entirely too long at tackling the pile of dishes in the sink, I have seen God's grace helping me in different moments throughout the day!  

Let me take a moment to point out something important.  I credit the fact that I have this desire to be a productive "keeper of the home" only to the grace of God.  If I were left to myself I would be one big ol' cluttery, junky, idle mess!  I know God's Spirit is present and His Word is active, and speaks loud and clear!  It's clear that I am to look well to the ways of my household.  I am thankful for conviction in this area, and thankful for the Spirit's working!  Be encouraged women at the desire within you to keep your home well, it's an evidence of God's grace at work in your life!  Praise Him for it!  

Now to the hleps...

The first thing that has helped me SO much is simply sitting down and planning out my day.  Before I go to bed, I take out a little notebook and write out my day, and I try to get very detailed.  Karis is on a great schedule now, so I pretty much know what time our day is going to start and when she will have feeding times and nap times.  I write these down and then write down the exact things that I want to get done while she is napping.  I have found that having an idea of what I need to get done in the day without planning when it will get done equals it not getting done!  Doing some laundry, making some calls, and putting away dishes are all things that need to happen tomorrow for me.  So, I will be specific in planning out what gets done when so that it gets done.  I have been much more productive during the days that I have a very detailed plan.  This goes down as my number one thing that has helped me, and is helping me in my fight against idleness!  

More of my helps to come! 

No comments: