Monday, November 3, 2008

Reformation Day/Halloween

Last week was Karis' first Halloween. We also like to celebrate the fact that it is also the same day that the protestant reformation began. It was Oct. 31st, 1517 when Martin Luther took his 95 theses and nailed them to the door of a church in Germany, setting forth the reformation. "The righteous man shall live by faith." Romans 1:17. It was this verse that influenced Martin Luther to stand against a righteousness based on works, and cling only to righteousness by faith in Jesus Christ. So....with that in mind, our Halloween costume was inspired by Mr. Luther!

Karis has Thesis written 93 times on her onsie, I am #94, and Blake is #95. Together, we make up Luther's 95 Theses. I love that Karis' first Halloween costume was theologically inspired! It was so much fun!


Now this is a pic of my poor little girl after I dressed her up in her "My first Halloween" Pumpkin outfit. I don't think she was too excited about it, but she was so cute! We went back out to our favorite spot, Target, and she was quite a hit with people there!

It was a fun Halloween season with our little Karis!

No comments: