Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

"The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He will." Proverbs 21:1.

This verse has given me much peace in the past weeks leading up to this election. It is so comforting to know that I serve a sovereign God who is in control of everything, even the hearts of sinful man. I trust that whichever way the election goes, God is not surprised. He knows, and I can trust Him. My pastor has done such a great job of relaying these truths to us in the past weeks, so my heart has been continually reminded of our great God. I am so thankful for the Word of God and that I can place my trust in the Solid Rock, Jesus Christ, and not in a political party or ideal. A former professor of mine here at Southeastern put it this way...
"Glad my citizenship's in heaven. While here I'm not ashamed of the gospel, for it (not politics) is the power of God!"

So as I watch the results of the election roll in tonight, I am trusting my God, and placing my hope in Him. For He has the president of the United States in His hands.




On a lighter, cuter, note.....
This may be one of the cutest pictures of my sweet baby that has ever been taken. She accompanied Blake and I to the polls this morning as we did our voting. As we were leaving, we received our "I Voted" sticker, and so did Karis. Blake thought it was a good idea to put it on her head. It did make for a cute picture!


No comments: