Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Karis is One!!!

I can hardly believe the words that I am typing now, my daughter is ONE. It does not seem like a year since she came into our lives. I think having kids, not just getting older, makes time go by so so much faster! This first birthday for my little girl was wonderful! We had cake and several varieties of homemade ice cream! We celebrated Monday night (before her actual birthday I know) with some great friends and family. My mom and step-dad were able to be here which was so nice! We had our old neighbors from our seminary apartment come over, and then lots of folks from our church. There was a house full for sure! I know Karis won't remember it, but with pictures and videos she will be able to look back and see how cared for she was on her first birthday! We are so thankful for everyone that was able to come celebrate, and wish that all our friends and family could have been there with us. For those who couldn't be there, here are some sweet pictures of the birthday girl at her party!






We are so excited to see what the Lord does in our little girl's life! I already see such a fun little personality, and such a friendly spirit within her. She loves people, and I pray that the Lord will use her as a mighty tool for His kingdom. He formed her, He is sustaining her, and He has the plan for her life. We love Karis and are daily blessed by her. It's hard to believe that on her 2nd birthday she will have a little brother or sister! Crazy! God is so good!

Also, for video Friday......

check out this link to a video of Karis enjoying her birthday cake! My mom videoed this for us while Karis was trying to figure out the whole eating cake thing! It's cute!
Click Here!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi Heather! I didn't know you were expecting a second sweet baby! Congratulations! I cannot tell you how much fun it is to see your firstborn love on your second... it's priceless!

Moseley Life said...

Karis' birthday party was so much fun! I cant believe she's one already!